As a follow on to our Wonders With Wood edit, here are some of the exciting pendant lamps available on eporta, all of which do something a little different with the popular natural material.
1. 8 Cells Wooden Lampshade – Inspired by natural geometry, the airplane plywood discs slot together to create further patterns and forms.
2. Skipper Pendant Walnut – Designed to play with the light and shadows when turned on, or simply expose the flexibilty of wood when turned off.
3. Koura Pendant – Natural – The pendant is inspired by curled up fresh water shrimps, Koura in Maori, as well as the nets used to catch them.
4. Blub 2 – Handcrafted from oak, Blub 2 is one of a four part series of shades characterised by their playful aesthetics.
5. Tab Walnut – As the name may suggest, the clean tab design allows for the shade to be flat packed and easily assembled.
6. Cherry Pendant Lamp – Although seemingly simple, the Cherry Pendant Lamp contains magnets within the body, meaning that two or three can be clustered together.
7. Dipper Large Pendant – The layered design of the shade allows the light to be diffused sideways as well as acting as a down light.
8. Birch Ply Nautica – By exploring the characteristics of birch ply, the lamp is able to maximise the flexible properties to its advantage.
9. Zappy – Inspired by pine cones, the handmade Zappy is designed to filter the cold light through the the wood to create warmer and more sublime lighting.